If you are looking to connect with a great group of moms, swing over and check us out! There are only a couple of rules...Most important one (that no one EVER breaks!!) is NO MOTHERJUDGING!! We also ask that there is no business promotions...sharing mommy blog links are fine! Anything goes, your posts are safe (it's a private group) and every MOM is welcome. Once a member, you can add any of your Facebook friends, just as long as they are MOMMAS!
Here are some of my favorite posts from 2012....ENJOY!
- We are on a 5hr road trip....I just used the "emergency potty" in our mini-van. The kids can't stop laughing at me on that tiny potty. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
- After another long sleepless night, I cracked. At 330 this morning I put the baby next to daddy, I took a shower, got dressed, and left. I drove to the other side of our small gated community, climbed in the back of the car, and while trying to get comfortable on a bag of sand toys and sandwiched between the double Bob and the car wall, I went to sleep. A full 90 minutes of sleep. I wonder if my husband wonders where I am.
- This morning, after getting all my kids in the car for school, I shut the car doors and opened up the stroller. I pushed it into the driveway, sat down and drank my cup of coffee. Who cares what the neighbors think.
- confession.... sometimes I pretend to need to use the bathroom just to have time alone. Hubby won't bug me in there and the kids are getting better about leaving me be in there too.
- weird mom confession.... Thursdays can be crazy at my house, my oldest has dance class, homework and they both need baths so sometimes both girls are cranky and dinners not going quickly enough so I feed them while they are in the bathtub...
- Dear Auntie B, Thanks for sending Mikey (name changed), that toy monkey that sits on my son's shoulder. It makes fabulous burp and fart noises, as well as masturbatory gestures at the touch of a button. That should be a big hit in church.
- Once I wore yoga pants all day, slept in them, then rolled out of bed and started my day. It was not until late the second day that I realized I never changed, never showered. You think I would have done something about it but no, I just shrugged and laughed to myself at the train wreck that I have become.
My children cry everytime my butt hits the toilet. It's like the lid has a buzzer or something. I won't pee all day sometimes haha.....
Instead of walking 30ft to the bathroom, my hubby chooses to pee in the backyard by the grill. (more than once). Yes, in the line of traffic where my kids stomp through & play. I'm so lucky! Don't be jealous ladies.
My ALL TIME favorite POST was one asking what are some GROSS things husbands do... Some of the responses were SO funny that I actually had to start doing kegels while reading them!
- When he takes off his dirty socks and underwear, he sniffs them before putting them in the hamper. AND THEN... Sometimes he'll ask me if I want to sniff. He swears that his socks and shoes smell like buttered popcorn. I think he genuinely likes the smell. Please make me feel better and share something grosser than that.
- Honestly, as far as gross things my husband does, there are WAY to many to list. He does all the fart comments here, but if i fart he honestly acts like its the end of the world. He blows nose in the shower, pees in the shower and in the sink... scratches his balls then smells his fingers (seriously, eww.) leaves his nasty work (he is a mechanic) socks all over the house. I seriously married a caveman. but worst of all, he used he "pleasure" himself at the computer, finish on the carpet, and just rub it into the carpet with his feet. i found this out one day when deep cleaning the office, and could not for the life of me figure out where all the stains had come from under the desk. i asked and he told me. i was livid and disgusted and told him he was paying to have the carpet cleaned asap, and if he ever did it again i would cut his pecker off. he knew i meant it and stopped doing that. i think i win the gross out game!
Alright moms....here is a link to a page listing ALL of our Good Acorn groups! Check them out, and see if any look like they might be right for you! Also, stop by the Good Acorn FB page and give me a LIKE! You will stay up-to-date on all of the mom conversations and my Day Drinking and Diaper Changing posts!